BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NEW DAWN VALLEJO CORPORATION IS LOOKING TO BUILD OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS. WE ARE SEEKING PASSIONATE CANDIDATES RESIDING IN THE CITY OF VALLEJO.
Board of Directors Position Description
Title: Member, New Dawn Corporation of Vallejo (NDCV) Board of Directors
The Board’s primary responsibility is to develop the widest possible support and community involvement for NDVC. We are the governing body of the corporation and we are responsible for managing the business and property of the NDVC.
As a member of the board, you’ll be expected to:
- To serve as an active voting member of the legally constituted volunteer group which has the authority and responsibility for the development of policies and continuing review of the conduct of the business of the New Dawn Corporation of Vallejo.
- To raise funds in support of the organization’s conduct of the programs of the corporation.
Election to a two year term (except when filling and unexpired term), subject to re-election.
- Willing to accept and promote the mission, goals and objectives of the NDVC.
- Possesses professional expertise and influence needed by the NDVC and/or represents one or more constituencies needed to provide balance to the Board’s membership.
- Has demonstrated significant leadership capability in the community and is willing to provide that expertise to the operation of the Board and its committees.
- Willing to make personal financial contribution at a level that demonstrates commitment and sets a standard for others and is willing to ask others to give.
- Able and willing to serve effectively as a public representative of the organization and involve others in the work of the NDVC.
- Contribute an annual gift of at least $500.
- Through personal resources or through cultivation of new donor relationships, you are asked to set an annual goal of securing minimal of $5000 to support the NDVC.
- Serve the two years with an option of re-election for 2 additional terms.
- Attend at least 75% of the meetings of the Board. Advise the president or the Chair if you are unable to attend the meeting. If a member is absent for three consecutive meetings, they may be removed.
- Attend all special activities of the Board, including fundraising events and such Board events or retreats as may be planned.
- Serve on at least one Board subcommittee or ad hoc committee.
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers and committee members to augment the Board.
- Provide organizational leadership and direction
- Ensure that programming adheres to achieving NDVC nonprofit’s mission
- Oversee financials, including adoption and management of annual operating budget
- Develop volunteer leadership, recruiting a strong board of directors
- Give generously
- Raise funds and in-kind support
- Promote NDVC to the public
- Contribute to the fundraising projects and events through personal contributions and/or by generating support from friends and other contacts.
- Function as a goodwill ambassador and spokesperson for the organization and its programs.
- Stay well informed about the organization by carefully reading minutes of the Board meetings, financial statements and other materials. Take seriously the legal, fiscal, and ethical responsibilities the Board carries. Beware of and notice community activities and legal/political developments which may impact the organization and/or its programs and bring them to the attention of the Board.
- Be familiar with the bylaws. Keep the Board “files” up-to-date by adding new material as you receive them.
INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS? PLEASE COMPLETE THE NEW DAWN BOARD MEMBER APPLICATION!