New Dawn Vallejo Corporation (NDVC) is a community development corporation and was founded in 2013 and incorporated in 2014 as a charitable tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in California.
The organization’s goal is “rebuilding communities, one family at a time” by improving the social, educational and economic conditions in targeted areas in Vallejo, CA and Solano County.
NDVC’s goal is to impact the lives of low to moderate income families to help them develop a better quality of life. Its vision is to preserve family institutions and help make individuals better community members. NDVC is creating a legacy of helping vulnerable communities in Vallejo and Solano County come into transition, namely by positioning then for improvement, economic growth and sustainability.
NDVC uses a holistic approach to help families find immediate support and long-range solutions to their problems. The organization has seen, firsthand, the devastating effects that this economic crisis has had on families and individuals throughout the county. Families are dealing with financial pressures, foreclosures, job loss, and the disillusion of the “American dream”.
NDVC employs a partnership approach that engages families in the problem solving process while developing their skills, abilities and talents. It also serves as a referral agency and has developed partnerships with organizations across the city and county to supplement the services that it does not provide.
The mission of New Dawn Vallejo Corporation is to promote revitalization and redevelopment in Solano County, and to empower its citizens by stimulating economic, residential, communal and educational resurgence.
- To offer an economic literacy program to residents of Vallejo.
- To improve high school graduation rates, provide academic enrichment, tutoring, parental engagement and affordable summer and after school programs.
- To provide support to mothers who are working to have good birth outcomes and assist in reducing the infant mortality rates.
- To provide access to social, educational and economic programming and serve as a resource pathway to residents and families in Solano County.
- To partner with community agencies to provide work force development and mentoring to youth and adults.
- To establish a state-of-the-art economic and technology empowerment program for youth and disenfranchised families (computer center, individual development accounts, etc.).